As beautifully summarized by Vogue Associate Art Director Nobi Kashiwagi in a Savor Life interview: “Having a memorable, unique brand identity creates instant recognition with your customers without explaining everything about your brand. If the identity is right for the brand, it eventually gains trust and recognition.”
What’s YOUR branding story?
SET ASIDE 10 MINUTES. Take time to reflect on what’s important to your values, mission and goals. Does your brand resonate with who you truly are? Use the questions below as a starting point to write the story, start the conversation and explore the bigger vision that is you.
- Who are my customers?
- What customers do I want to have?
- Do I have the customers I want?
- Who are my competitors?
- What is my competitors’ brand position?
- What problem does my company solve?
- What is my value proposition?
- When people think about my company or product, what are the feelings and associations I want them to have? Can we “own” this?
- What are the functional benefits that we deliver to our customers? What are the emotional benefits that only we deliver to our customers?
- What kind of personality dopes my brand have? Describe it as if you are describing a person! (You can ask your customers for their thoughts, too.)
What did you discover while doing this exercise? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
This article is a Savor Life Magazine exclusive. Get the full issue here.