Is your Daily Action Planner overflowing? Sometimes even the most well-planned day can get clogged with to-dos, and we need a quick fix to get back on track… fast!
Enter meditation. No longer is it only for the new wave crowd: meditation has been scientifically proven time and time again to reduce stress, clear the mind, encourage better sleep, and so much more. And it doesn’t take hours to learn or even practice.
Here’s a quick, version of meditating you can do in 10 minutes or less.
THE COUNTING MANTRA
Find a quiet space, either in your office chair or on a mat at home. Set a gentle timer for five to ten minutes. For a beginner, ten minutes is long enough to experience the process without feeling overwhelmed. As your practice continues, you can increase your time.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breath.
- Breathe in while silently counting to five. Hold the breath while counting to five.
- Exhale slowing while counting to ten. Repeat.
- Release your expectations of anything you think should happen.
- Your mind may wander. When it wanders, simply bring your focus back to your breath and the counting mantra.