Did you know that our emotions have an impact on the appearance of our skin? Stress can cause our skin to be more reactive, causing breakouts to be more inflamed and rosacea to be more red.
It’s so important to reach in to our holistic skin care cabinet and remember to use the tools we have to reduce stress along with our cleansers, toners and creams. This spring, remember to take the steps to prevent stress as much as fine lines and free radicals in order to improve your skin’s appearance.
Here are the Top 10 tricks and tips to keep reduce stress and keep your skin looking vibrant and fresh:
– This is a fantastic way to feel balanced in mind, body and spirit. The beauty about yoga is that it is a personal practice and can be done at any pace that feels right for you. My practice of choice is heated yoga! It increases circulation and helps to detox.
– This is so simple but so effective. Just taking a few minutes to be conscious of taking BIG inhales and exhales will immediately reduce feelings of stress.
– This is a perfect way to slow down and appreciate the beauty blooming around you!
– Some times all you need to feel relaxed, warm and cozy is your favorite tea as the weather transitions. And if it’s warm out, ice it! I love mine with a spoonful of honey.
– This is the perfect companion to tea. Some of my favorites are Kinfolk
– The next best thing to add to your tea and magazine combo is a face mask. Make it a mini at home spa treatment. You could even make your own with ingredients fresh from your kitchen (check back for simple receipes)!
7Spend Time With Animals
– Cuddle with your favorite creature. They love to make you happy and feel stress free.
8Create Fragrant Flower Arrangements
– Creating something to improve your surroundings (with the added luxury of aromatherapy), will instantly lift your spirits and increase positive feelings. Take advantage of the lovely flowers in season like freesias, poppies, and seeded eucalyptus!
9Spend Time With People That Make You Happy
– Making time to be in the company of your loved ones is so balancing. More times than not it turns out to be just what I needed!
– Remind yourself of all that you have accomplished and are accomplishing. Buy yourself a well deserved present! My personal favorite – A new face mask or a spa treatment!