If you’re a natural beauty lover like me, the intoxicating scents and alluring colors of products may inspire you to start a collection, which will eventually take over your nightstand, purse, bathroom cabinets (and more!). I know, because I’ve been there and certainly have my own collection! Yet, part of my job as Savor Spa Makeup Director is to research and test eco-makeup products, then edit and curate only the very best. Products take up space, both physically and mentally. When my makeup bag is overflowing and my dresser looks like an apothecary, it makes me feel a bit anxious, rather than inspired. Sound familiar?
When it gets to that point, I know it’s time to take action and simplify my beauty routine. The change of seasons is the perfect time to go through products, recycle empty containers, find creative storage solutions, or give away the items that no longer serve us. Out with the old, in with the new, right? The cooler months ahead call for ultra-nourishing skin and lip care. I have learned that this doesn’t have to involve lots of products, just a few power-packed ones that do the job well. On most days, I keep my makeup simple with neutral shades on my eyes and a bright color on lips. I recently pared down my “fall collection” and it feels so good! Here are 5 of my easy-to-use go-to products for fall:
- Om Aroma Pumpkin Serum – is my go-to moisturizer for morning and night. It works well under makeup and I can feel it nourishing my skin while I get my beauty sleep.
- Om Aroma Lip Balm – is essential to keep lips soft and supple during fall and winter months. Chapped lips are my pet peeve during this time of year.
- Vapour Organic Beauty Luminous Foundation – keeps skin looking hydrated and glowy which are two very good things. Love that it doubles as a concealer too!
- Ilia Beauty Tinted Lip Conditioner in Crimson & Clover – is a warm, poppy red that instantly brightens your face and mood. It’s glamourous without being high-maintenance.
- Antonym Quattro Eye Palette in Noisette – holds the perfect range of earth tones for everyday eye makeup and brows. Plus, how chic is the bamboo packaging?
Are you ready to simplify and green your beauty routine? If you are in the New York area, treat yourself to a half-hour Eco-Luxe Beauty Booster with me at Savor Spa West Village! I would love to help you choose the right products and shades for your unique and fabulous beauty. If you live outside of New York, feel free to call (212) 304-2887 for a complimentary phone consultation on Wednesdays from 2-5:30pm. Photo credit: Tracy Toler-Phillips photography, makeup by Rebecca Casciano.