Good Morning, Gorgeous! Rise and shine with these super-yummy, #beautyfood treats packed with omega-3 fatty acids (which are essential to a healthy body and glowing skin!) and anti-aging power of carrots, one of the star ingredients in Om Aroma & Co.’s Carrot Rose Glow serum.
To create this #beautyfood version of a Spring favorite, we’ve swapped the oils, sugars, and flours found in traditional Morning Glory muffins for the skin-loving, enzyme-rich power of raw food, keeping all those important vitamins and minerals intact! Savor them at breakfast, as a mid-afternoon snack, or whenever you want a guilt-free sweet treat.
- 1 C flaxseed meal | anti-inflammatory + skin hydration
- 1 C carrots, shredded | vitamin C + beta-carotene for anti-wrinkle skin protection
- ½ C raw sunflower seeds | vitamin E + copper for anti-aging benefits
- 6 dates, pitted | vitamin B + vitamin C for elasticity and healing
- ¾ C raisins | detoxifies + anti-aging
- 1 tsp cinnamon | antiseptic + skin plumping
- ½ tsp nutmeg | anti-inflammatory + glowing skin
- 1 pinch cloves | helps digestion + anti-bacterial
- ¾ C shredded, unsweetened coconut | vitamin A, E + beauty fats
Place all ingredients except shredded coconut into a food processor. Pulse until mixture is blended and begins to form into a dough-like consistency. Scrape sides with a spatula as needed. The mixture will be sticky. Transfer into a square or rectangular brownie pan (the square kind will make the bars thicker, so go with your personal preference!) and press down firmly until you have an even layer. Sprinkle the top with the shredded coconut, and press that down lightly with your fingertips. With a sharp knife, score into 12 bars, then put the pan into the freezer for an hour to set. Allow to thaw slightly before eating. Store leftovers into an airtight container in the fridge. Savor and share!
Alise Marie is a holistic nutrition counselor specializing in plant-based diets.