MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
Need a mid-afternoon boost to hit that deadline? Look no further than our go-to #beautyfood boost: the super-charged Power Protein Smoothie, packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and a double-shot of easily digested plant protein that your body can utilize instantly!
Hemp seeds are an excellent protein source, but they also nourish skin both internally and externally with their high content of beauty fats in the form of gamma-linolenic acid, which provides an ideal balance of omega 3 and 6 fats. Chia seeds fight acne, hydrate, and prevent inflammation. Topically, they gently remove oil buildup and gently exfoliate without drying.
And, if you’ve never tried a chocolate face masque, you’re in for a treat. Raw cacao smells amazing, feels decadent, and prevents premature aging to leave you with a radiant glow.
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 5 minutes
1 cup unsweetened cashew milk | copper + selenium for anti-aging
1 tablespoon raw, unsweetened cacao powder | increases hydration + circulation to skin
2 tablespoons chia seeds | hydration + anti-inflammatory
¾ cup dates, pitted and chopped | elasticity + repairs damaged skin
1 tablespoon raw hemp seeds | heals + nourishes skin, soothes
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon | antiseptic + skin plumping
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with hemp seeds and goji berries for more beauty fats + antioxidants!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Om Aroma & Co. Rice Bran to thicken consistency and add exfoliating, anti-aging benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.