MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING DIY SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A MASQUE!
The season of detoxing is upon us! Time to rev up and revive our sleepy winter skin with an energizing #beautyfood smoothie inspired by our very own Om Aroma & Co. Pumpkin Renew Serum. This is a fantastic way to gently ease the body out of it’s overnight fasting, and begin your day with an invigorating blend that cleanses, revitalizes, and beautifies. The kale base provides a major dose of vitamins A, C, and K, but don’t worry – you’ll never taste it! The amazing flavor combination of lime and cilantro, blended with the sweetness of the apple make this oh-so-addictive!
- 1 apple, chopped | pectin + soluble fiber, detoxifies
- Juice of ½ lime | vitamin C for collagen production, detoxifies
- 2” piece of fresh ginger, grated | aids digestion + supports clear skin
- ¼ C raw pumpkin seeds | vitamin E + zinc for elasticity, essential fats for nutrient absorption
- 4 stalks kale | essential skin vitamins + copper for collagen production
- 10 sprigs cilantro | detoxifies + antioxidant support
- 1 tsp coconut nectar | optional for sweetening, high in minerals
- ½ C filtered or spring water
- 4 ice cubes
Om Beauty Tip: Garnish with additional pumpkin seeds for a tasty crunch, and even more beauty benefits!
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create!
- Pour 1 T of leftover smoothie into a small bowl
- Add 1 tsp Om Aroma & Co. Pumpkin Renew Serum to thicken consistency and add anti-aging benefits to the masque.
- Apply in circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & moisturize with your moisturizer of choice!
Alise Marie is an actress and holistic nutrition counselor specializing in plant-based diets. She’s been creating #beautyfood recipes for decades, and is thrilled to be creating new ones in the Om Aroma beauty kitchen! Connect with Alise here.