MAKE THIS DIY SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A MASQUE!
Rising temperatures have us reaching for all things cool & refreshing! You, too? We thought so. Which is why we’ve whipped up the dreamiest Melon Mint Cooler that combines ripe cantaloupe, skin-quenching cucumber, and refreshing mint leaves. A dose of anti-oxidant steeped green tea makes this juicy #beautysmoothie the ultimate mid-day pick-me-up! Skip dehydrating energy drinks & coffee beverages that draw moisture out of your skin. Instead, load up on water-dense, vitamin-rich fruits that repair lost hydration.
Plus, we’ve revved up the wow factor by garnishing with local bee pollen (a natural anti-histamine and supports healthy immune & digestive function) purchased at a NYC farmer’s market. For a vegan-friendly garnish alternative, use chia seeds!
- 3 cups fresh melon | vitamin A beta-carotene for cell turnover
- 1/2 cucumber, skin removed | water-dense & hydrates skin
- 5 mint leaves | refreshing herb & instant cooling effect
- 1/4 c chilled green tea | super antioxidants with flavonoids to reduce inflammation
- 1T coconut nectar | low glycemic hint of sweetness
- 1/4 tsp bee pollen garnish | helps with seasonal allergies & boosts immunity
- 5 ice cubes