Welcome to our new recipe series designed for the busy entrepreneur! We will be featuring easy, healthy, and delicious recipes that you can make in a snap or in between conference calls to stay on top of your game.
Young Lover’s Easy + Delicious Pasta Dish
On the anniversary of the sale of our very first Manhattan apartment, Marc and I decided to write down this delicious pasta dish that we co-created more than ten years ago. After graduating from college, we didn’t make much as young musicians, but we were determined to save up to buy our very first NYC apartment. We used the envelope system to stay on budget and labeled one “FOOD” while putting only $100 cash per week in it.
This became a staple dish that was not only budget-and-time friendly but also healthy and scrumptious. It fills the home with the most delicious aroma, but we must issue a warning: this is not a first-date/first-kiss dish because of the garlic galore.
Tip: In our home, we call this dish “TOPFF”, an acronym to remember the main ingredients while at the store for a last-minute recipe: tomatoes, olives, parsley, fusilli, and feta cheese.
Total Prep + Cook Time: 15 minutes
You will need:
- one 16-ounce fusilli (regular or gluten-free)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup olives, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup parsley, minced
- 6 large garlic cloves, crushed with a garlic press or thinly chopped
- ⅔ cup olive oil, to coat garlic, add more if needed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Chop tomatoes and olives, combine in a bowl.
- Add crumbled feta cheese and parsley into the mixture.
- Place garlic and olive oil in a pan on very low heat for about 10 minutes. This will caramelize the garlic (be sure not to burn them).
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to the rest of the mixture.
- Pour hot garlic and olive oil mixture over the top, mix until your heart’s content.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley (optional). Serve immediately.